We take privacy seriously and will endeavour to be respectful of your privacy regarding any information provided to FOMWAUK.
At Federation of Muslim Women Association UK (FOMWAUK) we want to be transparent about why we need the personal details we request when you engage with us and how we will use them.
FOMWAUK is committed to protecting the personal data that we collect and process about you and be clear as much as possible. We do this by ensuring you are provided with an explanation about how FOMWAUK collects and processes the information you provide us with, or that we collect about you, whether online, via phone, email, in letters or in any other correspondence or from third parties.
We collect and use personal data to ensure that we can manage our relationships with our members in order to be able to provide tailored activities and events.
Please read this policy carefully in order to understand how we collect, use and store your personal information.
- Who we are
2. Where FOMWAUK collects its information from
3. What information FOMWAUK may collect about you
4. How FOMWAUK will use the information we collect
5. How FOMWAUK will update your information
6. Where FOMWAUK will disclose your details to anyone else
7. How to access, correct or delete your information
8. How we keep your data safe
9. How long we store your data for
11. Further information
We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
- Who we are
FOMWAUK is a not for profit organisation that operates United Kingdom to support the development and create Islamic awareness, women and youth empowerment in the communities.
- Where do we collect information from?
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
- FOMWAUK may obtain personal information from you when, for example, you complete an online form to attend a course or a programme or register to take part in an event with us.
Information from Third Parties
Information we get from your use of our website and services
- We collect information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you visit our websites or view and interact with our ads and content.
Information in the public domain
- We may obtain some information from publicly available sources such as Companies House, newspaper articles or open postings on social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
- What information do we collect?
The types of personal information that FOMWAUK collects may include:
- Your title, name, gender, ethnicity and date of birth;
- Your contact details (address, email, phone number);
- Your professional activities and employment details;
- Contact preferences;
In some circumstances, the personal information that FOMWAUK collects may include information that is considered “sensitive data”. This may include personal information regarding racial or ethnic origins and health or disability. Where this information is collected we will tell you so you know why it is needed.
- What might we do with your information?
When you have registered we will mainly use your information to:
- Invite you to events;
- How we update your information
We review our records to ensure your data is as accurate as possible and always appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details change. It is important that we keep your personal data as up to date as possible, so we may contact you from time to time to confirm this.
- Who might we share your information with?
We are committed to protecting your data and therefore it will never be disclosed or sold to external organisations other than those acting as agents and data processors carrying out work on our behalf.
- How to access, correct or delete your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you have the right to request a copy, correct or delete the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email the Secretary General.
If you do not want to remain on our database and would like us to remove your name from our database, please contact us to let us know.
- How we keep your data safe
We aim to ensure that there are appropriate, physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect any personal information you may provide to us and our network is protected and monitored.
Despite all of our precautions no data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we will always strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
- How long we store your data for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity for which it was collected. If you request that we stop sending you programme updates or invitations to our events we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
- Contacting us
If you have any queries about this policy or any complaints with regard to the administration of the policy please contact us at:
- Further information
The law governing how your personal data can be used is:
- General Data Protection Regulation 2018
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk to find out more or report a concern. They are the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.